Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back on Track Post-Sickness

I am finally feeling "back on track" after my sinus infection (actually, the infection isn't totally gone yet; the doctor said they are quite slow to get out of your system, and the antibiotics work for a full ten days, but I feel a great deal better). I worked out yesterday during lunch (weight training) as well as after work (35 minutes treadmill sprint intervals). The back of my jaw still hurts a little but otherwise the pain from the infection has subsided.

I am approximately 7 and a half weeks from my competition, and I am more excited than nervous at this point. My body looks pretty good (and my trainer Julie seems to agree), so now it's mainly a matter of keeping tightly to my diet and dropping body fat for the next several weeks. I've been doing well on the diet (I'd say I stick with it 90-95 percent of the time). I start to make poorer choices when I'm tired, late at night. Last night, for example, was a high-carb load night, so I had a huge bowl of oatmeal with a ton of blueberries. That was fine, but as I got more tired, I ate the frosting off a sugar cookie (thank you Mom for leaving those out in the open -- I plan to throw them away discreetly today!) and a little piece of sourdough bread. These choices are not the "good carbs" that Julie wants me to be eating. Plus, I'm pretty certain by now that I'm at least sensitive to gluten. My stomach makes gurgly noises (in protest!) when I eat bread or other gluten-filled foods. This has helped encourage me to avoid them and stick to oats, veggies, and fruit for my carbohydrates.

My two competition suits should be coming in the mail soon. I think I've decided on my "themed sportswear" too, with Julie's approval. It's a little tennis player Halloween costume that's white with red trim. It's about $35 from Amazon, so it's not too bad; I am still slightly annoyed that I have to buy another outfit in the first place, but that's okay.

That's it for the current moment. Trying to remind myself to take deep breaths and let go of the negative thoughts that frequently want to take over my mind (judgments, comparisons, etc.). I have to keep believing and trusting that I am a beautiful, strong women who deserves to be in a bikini competition because she works very hard and looks fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment