Thursday, April 14, 2011

5 Weeks & 2 Days ... *Deep Breath* !!

Five weeks and 2 days until I will be a 130-lb, abs-and-glutes-of-steel machine walking onstage in some high heels and a very small bikini! I am so excited!

That's not to suggest that the last couple weeks have been easy. This diet is definitely the biggest challenge for me during contest prep. I love the workouts, especially when I get to lift heavy and feel that burning sensation in my muscles. But the diet ... it makes me mildly cranky ALL the time, which is not how I want to come across. Is this worth it? I hope so. I am serious about this, and the opportunities that it could possibly bring in the future (if all the planets align!). I would LOVE to be sponsored or be in a fitness magazine like the ones I read. I would love to have a body that people were inspired by. I really think I have all the qualities to become that -- dedication, motivation, work ethic, etc. Now if I could just get my brain to BELIEVE it, 100 percent. Little lingering doubts float around my mind ... they aren't as prevalent as they used to be (which is a great sign!) but they haven't disappeared completely.

Here's my current diet plan:

5 AM -- I take one OxyElite Pro capsule and one Lean Out capsule and head to the gym for 40 minutes cardio
6 AM -- Return home and eat Meal #1: 3 egg whites + 1 full egg, 3 oz. lean protein (often ground beef), and 1/2 grapefruit with Splenda
8:30 AM -- At work, Meal #2: lately I've been making my version of a blueberry muffin ... 1/4 cup frozen blueberries microwaved with 1 scoop BSN protein power and a little water. The consistency makes my brain think it's a treat!
12 PM -- Meal #3: 5 oz lean protein (today, chicken) with 2 cups veggies (salad + fat-free dressing)
3 PM -- Meal #4: 5 oz lean protein + 1/4 cup almonds (or 1 tbs peanut butter)
6 PM -- Meal #6: 8 oz lean protein + 2 cups veggies (lately my favorite is asparagus with balsamic vinegar and a teeny bit of vanilla extract -- thanks to Rachel Mac!)
8 PM -- Usually have some SF jello + fat-free Cool-Whip for dessert

Once a week is the carb-loading night where have a ton of carbs, including 1 cup oatmeal or brown rice, a sweet potato, a banana, etc. It's a big meal, and I usually can't eat everything that Julie wants me to eat.

I am trying to be more creative with my diet, experimenting with new recipes -- and I bought bison for the first time the other day!

That's it for now ... time to look at some motivational pictures so I keep myself on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment